Saturday, May 28, 2011

My Little Strawwwwbery!

This post is brought to you by the lovely and talented Nicole. If you're alive and you know where a grocery store is, you've probably realized that strawberries are craaaazy in season.  And having so many strawberries requires an easy way to make a whole bunch of them into something awesome. I give you: the do-it-yourself chocolate covered strawberry:


I have to apologize to Nicole at this point -- I took all of the pictures of the process and final product with a vintage camera app that doesn't really do justice to how pretty (and delicious!) her chocolate covered strawberries are.  Just imagine a perfectly ripe strawberry wrapped in Guittard Chocolate

[FYI, did you know that Guittard provides the chocolate for Sees Candies? Nicole says Sees acutally covers their chocolate truffles with Guittard chocolate! Wikipedia says it's true, so I'm going to believe. 

It's so good. I mean, it's so good.]


Seriously make these asap. You will thank me.





















































Here's what you need: 

One normal-sized box of strawberries. Or really, however many strawberries you want.

One bag Guittard Milk Chocolate Chips (2 cups chocolate chips)

Wax paper or Aluminum Foil

A microwave safe bowl.


Here's what you do:

Instructions according to Nicole: [Ready for this? Okay.] Wash the strawberries and then pat them dry. Make sure the strawberries are completely dry or the chocolate will curdle.

Put 2 cups of chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for one minute on (gasp!) high.

Give the chocolate a good stir.  Pop it back in the microwave in increments of 30 seconds. Stir the chocolate between each microwaving to make sure you don't overheat and to check the consistency. When the chocolate drizzles in a smooth, butter fashion from the end of the spoon back into the bowl, you're there. (It's about thick chocolate-milk consistency.)

Dip your strawberries one at a time and place them on wax paper to cool.  For a chocolate flourish on the berry, twist your wrist around as you bring the berry out of the chocolate.

The strawberries will need to cool for 15-20 minutes before they're dry enough to eat without making a complete mess. But complete messes are also incredibly delicious.

4 comments:

  1. "I'm. Sooo. Happy."

    ReplyDelete
  2. In ten days: All Things Grilled. Bring on the summertimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two make my life worth living. You're hysterical. Obviously I'm inviting myself to at least ONE of your incredible bbq's this summer... so... keep your ears PERKED cause one of these days I'm just gonna BARREL through that door and crash your couple-date!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, I have been waiting my whole life for you to come barreling through my door. I hope you've been holed up with your man and some chocolate and candle light for the past MONTH that I haven't seen you...

    <3 <3

    ReplyDelete