Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Valentine Donuts

Okay, so I was at Target and, as usual, I totally fell in love with the adorable Valentinesey Stuff (Heart and Whale-shaped cookie jars? Yesplease!) I'm a sucker for marketing displays and awesome things, so I picked up a Nordic Ware Heart-Shaped Donut Pan! I couldn't find it online anywhere -- it's sort of like this, though.


As you can see from the donuts, I had a little bit of trial and error with how much batter to put in the pan, and how thick I should make the almond glaze. The thinner donuts with the thicker glaze won out. They're cuter and they tasted better. 



Here's a pic of the first batch of donuts -- I overfilled the pan, so the heart-shaped holes are more like impressions. Also, this is the dilemma of this post: I don't know if I like cake donuts or not! I don't think I really do. But I really want to like them because the heart shaped pan! the hearts! The point that I am trying to get to (but failing, really) is that I don't know the following things:

1. if the recipe was good
2. if I like cake donuts and the recipe was just so-so
3. if I secretly don't like cake donuts and the recipe was fabu.
4. if the recipe was just so-so, and I would like cake donuts if I ever had a really amazingly good one.


Lito wanted a picture of me demonstrating the dip of the donut into the glaze. Check out my tiny thumb. There it is! 


Okay so back to the dilemma -- I think: probably option #4 is the correct answer. But these at least looked cute, right? So I won't post a recipe until I find a good one. In the meantime, pretend these were SUPER delicious. Or at least as good as they look.

No comments:

Post a Comment