Saturday, June 2, 2012

Fairy Cupcakes

This is definitely one of my favorite projects to date: Tinkerbell Cupcakes for a perfect fairy birthday party. I think birthdays should be special, especially when kids are little and things are still magical. Here's my little piece of magic.


I piped out the white chocolate outlines of these wings, then let them cool on a board covered with wax paper. Then I filled the fairy wings with gelatine and edible pearlescent glitter and let them dry for two days. They might not have needed that long to dry, but I wanted to be careful. 


I also made these little Tinkerbell wands, which took a ridiculous amount of time, but look how cute they are. 


Okay here's a whole bunch of pictures. I got kinda crazy with the camera.












4 comments:

  1. Oooh love this idea! I'm totally pinning to my cakes board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! That's such a compliment! I used a Wilton 1B (I think?) for the frosting. It's a large one, similar to the 1M. You could totally do this.

    ReplyDelete