Thursday, October 28, 2010

Ahoy!

In honor of Halloween, of no longer being sick (after ten days in bed), and of Lito going back to work (despite the fact that he still has a very mean esophagus that hurts him), I give you: Pirate Cupcakes.



Reynolds (see also: foil, foiled, folie) has a new(ish) line of cupcake liners. The box claimed that the cute designs wouldn't fade during baking, which blew my mind a little, so I had to try it. Plus, seriously, Pirates! I made chocolate, which has a propensity to ruin just about any cute cupcake liner, and they worked like a charm. The cups are lined with foil so you can even use these on a cookie sheet instead of in a muffin pan and the little cakes pop out of the oven just fine.

Orange sprinkles. And: it is time for me to figure out a new pretty way to frost these bad boys. Any suggestions?

And for the curious: here are a few more of the cutsie designer cupcake liners that won't fade. You can count on seeing the black and white one here in the relatively soon future.



Next up: Pumpkin. It's about freaking time for my favorite of all pies, cheesecakes, fudges (seriously, if you can get your hands on pumpkin pie fudge, you will be very happy), and even French toasts. I'm going to make something pumpkiny delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment