Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Cranberry Sauce for Fakers




It's Thanksgiving Eve! And I'm so thankful for my darling friends who read this oft-neglected blog. I thought I would post a little something I just made -- cranberry sauce. I should have typed "made" because I cheated and used a can (gasp!) of cranberry sauce. I do love figuring out how to doctor up decent food into good tasting stuff. No, not gourmet, but if you are honestly making everything for a full thanksgiving dinner from scratch without any help, then you're reading this blog because you're amazing and you just want to make me feel good about myself. Bless you.
I am no cranberry connoisseur -- my family always had this cranberry jello salad that secretly no one actually likes. Which means that this little recipe tastes pretty darn good to me. Give it a try and let me know what you think!

Here's what you need:
1 Can of Cranberry Sauce
1 Orange, zested and juiced
A sprinkle of Craisins (optional)

Here's what you do:

Plop the cranberry sauce in a medium pot over mediumish heat. Here's a cool thing that probably everyone in the world already knew except for me: after you've opened the can, if you stick a butter knife into the can between the side of the sauce and the can, the whole cylinder of cran jelly comes out in whole. Kinda cool.

Okay so then you mix in your juice/zest and let it heat up for 7-10 minutes. Then, if you want to be fancy mix a few Craisins in for texture. Mmmmmm.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!


1 comment: