Monday, February 6, 2012

Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing

Okay, if I can get dudes to eat salad during the SuperBowl, then you know that either 1- bacon is involved; or 2- this is a really freakin' good salad.


I kind of think it's both. This recipe was originally from my Aunt G, who is a pretty amazing chef, and it is my pleasure to share my simplified version of it here!



Spinach Salad
Here's What You Need:


One box of triple washed baby spinach (or wash your own, whatevs.)
1/2 lb cooked & crumbled bacon (or fakon/veggie bacon)
a big handfull of shredded mozzarella
1 C of cottage cheese, rinsed
1 box of sliced white mushrooms

Here's What You Do:

Mix it, Duh!

Poppy seed Dressing
Here's What You Need:

1 scant tablespoon of poppy seeds
3/4 C vegetable oil
1/4 C white vinegar
1/3 C sugar
1/8 t powdered mustard

Here's What You Do:


There are probably more sophisticated ways of making the dressing, but I like to put it in a shaker bottle and go at it.

So there's the scoop. Delicious veggies that I and my husband will actually eat. Ta da!

No comments:

Post a Comment