Monday, August 30, 2010

Chocolate Cupcakes

Last Thursday was my darling friend, President Susan's, birthday. I sent her a ridiculous one-liner email, "Do you like chocolate?" And this is what resulted. Happy day.



So instead of doing what normal people do, which is call before you randomly show up at someone's house, I just loaded up the cupcakes and drove over to where I thought her house was. Don't worry that I'd never been there before. Or that when I got there they had a security gate. Seriously, who wouldn't let you through a security gate if you had cupcakes? Note to all would-be criminals: begin baking.



But instead of bribing a guard with chocolate cakes to get in the door, I did something even cooler. I used my stealth maneuvers to follow another car through the gate. Super sneaky.

Back to the cakes: check out this sweet frosting thing I did! Totally stole it from i am baker. She has it posted a couple pages back and ever since I saw it, I've been dying to try it. I need more friends to have more birthdays. Stat. (Vaughn, the next time I see you, I'll have cupcakes for you!) Speaking of friends, I'll make tiny cakes (flavor of your choice) for anyone who comes out to visit.




Here's what you need:

*Butter cream frosting
* 1M tip

Here's what you do:

*Start a small circle in the middle, and then slowly wrap around to the outer edges. You swirl. Start in the middle and work your way out to the edge. It took a couple tries to get it, but I really like the effect.


Unfortunately, these cupcakes don't keep as long as others I've made, and were a little dry toward the end. So eat 'em quick!

2 comments:

  1. You have a blog!!!!! and it is about food!!!!! I love you. I hope all is going well for you and Karl, and I will try to get my act together and email you soon. The girls and Colton say Hi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I love you too! I have loved reading your blog & feeling like I still know what's going on with little Colton and Maddie and Halle. :) It looks like you guys are having so much fun! Miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete