Saturday, August 28, 2010

Cookie Cookie Cookie Starts with "C"

So here I was at home minding my own business when the desire to eat homemade chocolate chip cookies hit me like a mack truck.

I think this has something to do with wanting to be home again, eating the good stuff my mom would make. I had spent part of the day thinking about how awesome it would be to come home from school and have warm cookies on the table....
(Don't worry that I'm not in school any more, I'm just imaginative.)


The favorite red bowl, the essential Azteca vanilla (seriously), and the dough, whipped up with the hand mixer.

And then I scooped the dough out onto the cookie sheet using two spoons, 1) because it's the way my mom used to before the advent of the cookie scooper; and 2) because I left all of my kitchen utensils (accidentally) in South Bend before I moved out west and got hitched. You use one spoon to scoop up the dough, and the other spoon to push the dough off onto the cookie sheet. The result is a perfectly lumpy home-made-looking chocolate chip cookie.

Bake at 350 for about 14 minutes (if the dough is chilled before hand -- if not, start watching around 8 0r 9 minutes).


I like my cookies a little doughy and underbaked in the center, with a little crunch around the edges. How about you? What's your favorite chocolate chip cookie? Is it the one you had when you were little? Or have your tastes changed over the years?

Speaking of when you were little:


No comments:

Post a Comment